[SECC] AA4GA CQSSB

Lee Hiers aa4ga@contesting.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:18:26 -0500

On 29 Oct 2001, at 10:22, John Laney wrote:

> AA4GA also beat us out once.  I wondered where Lee
> was operating from.

Heh-heh!  Even a blind pig gets an acorn every once in a while!  I
was operating from home - TH7 at 80' with about 500w out.

Actually, I was surprised how well I seemed to be busting through the
pileups...I didn't have to wait much on too many of 'em, and only
gave up on one or two that I had a shot at...like the ZD9 on 15...got
him on 20 pretty easily though after that.

Heard K4AB, W4KZ, K4NO and K4EA a lot...I presume Neal was 10m only.
Probably heard some others, but just can't remember right now.

Anyway, I was playing around Single Op Assisted some between a gig
and a pickin' party.  I don't think I called CQ at all...mostly just
chasin' packet spots and a little tuning around.  First time I've
been on to speak of in a long time...maybe I'll try to put in 24
hours for CWSS...

Here's the totals:

CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : AA4GA
         Category : SOA
        Team/Club : SECC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

   40SSB      54          54        146        34        17
   20SSB     114         114        320        81        31
   15SSB     153         153        421       103        29
   10SSB     271         271        776       128        32

 Totals      592         592       1663       346       109

    Final Score = 756,665 points.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA