[SECC] Old Logs

Larry Crim k4ab@msn.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:32:00 -0500

I think the old "Open" CD parties were held during April.

If I can remember, my first top 10 finish in a contest was the
1976 April Open CD party as WB4FZQ.

73,
Larry K4AB

----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Pryor
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 10:26
To: SECC@contesting.com
Subject: [SECC] Old Logs

I've been looking at some of my old logs and see that there was a contest
January 15, 1961 and another one on April 15.  The problem is, I don't have
any notes about what these contests were.  Was one -- or both  -- a CD
party?  Anyone know when the CD parties were held?  Also, was the ARRL-DX
CW contest held in March back then?  I have a handfull of DX entries on
March 18 '61, with their power.  All these contests were CW.

Incidentally, I worked K2UFT in the January '61 contest and K4BAI in the
April version.  Dick/John?

Thanks/73,

Jay, K4OGG