[SECC] FW: September Contest Plans

Macie, Gordon gmacie@xmmcorp.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:02:19 -0400

In case any one is interested in vhf/uhf contesting see below..

-------------------------
=========================

Hi Guys,
I've CCed this message to several who may or may not be interested in
participating in the September VHF+ contest. If any of you wonder why you
are receiving this message, it is because we (the Fourlanders) want to
encourage others to join in the sickness, err, fun of mountain top contesting.

Its time to rally the troops for the September 2003 contest. Please reply
to the reflector as to your availability for the contest and what bands you
want to operate. If you are not a Fourlanders member, please reply to me
directly.
Do we want a face to face meeting prior to the contest? Upcoming
opportunities that I'm aware of are at Huntsville and or Shelby hamfests.
We need people to help set up and operate and tear down. Any licensed
amateur is welcome to join us for any part of the weekend to get a taste of
contesting VHF+ mountain top style, and Paul's delicious vittles.
Tentatively, I think we start out like this:

6m band capt. Neal K4EA
2m band capt. Jim W4KXY
1.25m band capt. Bryan NX9O
432 band capt. Bob K4SZ
33cm+ band capt. Steve K4RF
Food band capt. Paul W4SKI

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll call Mile High campground Monday and reserve
the spaces per usual, and order up band openings to the west coast from EM85.
Notes from June:
Paul gets his own generator for the kitchen area. Who's genset, I don't know.
I'm sure there were other notes...who has them????

I'm still not sure when or if I'll be available. If you guys want a rover,
I could be twisted into filling that role & take along some uW gear as we
did before.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett KB4IDC
615-477-8976 cellular