[SECC] ARCDX and NW Atlanta Cluster

Rick Glisson rglisson@america.net
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:57:05 -0400

Just a reminder that the software for the N4XMX cluster link to ARCDX has
been changed to BPQ which so far hasn't had any of the "phantom"
connections. That is when I show you connected but you aren't. Never had
that problem through GNT when it was working so we'll see. All the stations
I have seen connected such as K4PI, N4NX have really been connected. I send
the odd test message to make sure (sri guys), but so far so good. I have
upgraded the OS to Windows XP as well for more statbility.

ARCDX 145.65 (c arcdx, then after prompt dx or c n4xmx)
direct 144.91 (c n4xmx)

Connecting direct on 145.65 can be done if you are in line with my 8 ele
quad pointed from Vinings to downtown.

Been talking with Ernie to possibly setup a 440 link between me and ARCDX to
cut half the traffic and delays. Might mean a different antenna downtown.
During contests delay can be long. Will keep everyone posted.

-Rick