[SECC] NAQP

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim,

 The antenna I am using is similar to yours except it is 33 ft on each
leg. (or cut for 40 meters) It is about 50 feet up in a tree and maybe
about 80 feet of feedline to the shack. What I did to get on 80m was to
short the open wire feeder and fed it as if it was a vertical. I ran
just one wire for a radial (just a counterpoise) and it tunes on 80
just fine. It seemed to work OK since I didn't have any problems with
anyone hearing me and also worked a few west coast stations as well.
Couldn't get it to tune on 160 though....

                       73's  Jeff