[SECC] K4OGG, WAE-CW

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:07:34 -0400

K4OGG  --  Single Op, Low Power, No packet

I'm sure it's my age speaking, but I certainly do like the 36-hour format
for single ops!  Following a couple of naps I felt better on Sunday than I
did on Saturday.  This is a fun contest and deserves more participation.

This was an interesting contest because of the conditions, which changed
throughout the contest period.  There was a nice opening to Europe early
Saturday.  My best rates of the entire contest were 62 at 0600Z, 52 at
0700Z, and 63 at 0800Z on 20M.  But then on Sunday morning at the same time
period the opening was just not there.  Also, on 15M I had 20 QSOs the
entire first 24 hours -- and finished with 159, so 15M fortunately opened
enough to make it more interesting on Sunday.  Speaking of 15M on Sunday,
K4BAI and I were leap-frogging each other up and down the band.  I also
heard K4AB several times. 80 and 40 were noisy but what the heck, it's
August.  It helped a great deal to use the beverage on those bands.

Didn't hear any EU on 10M, but I heard a couple of SA stations working
them.  In fact it seemed that every time I checked the band a SA station
was sending QTCs.

I continue to be impressed at how well TRLog handles the QTC function.

Here's the bottom line:

    BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

    80CW       12          12         12         9
    40CW      127         127        127        26
    20CW      475         475        475        39
    15CW      159         159        159        33

  Totals      773         773        773       107

     There were 773 QTC points.

     Final Score = 398868 points.

FWIW, this will go down by one QSO.  One station that I showed as a dupe
insisted that we QSO a second time.

73,

- Jay/K4OGG

multipart/alternative