[SECC] K4OGG, WAE-CW

Larry Crim k4ab@msn.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:53:02 -0500

Jay, et all...

Did you use the latest version of TR for WAE?...I see a lot of guys under=
-reporting
their MULT totals on 3830.  I know there are multiplier bonuses...i.e. 4X=
 on 80,
3X on 40 and 2X on 20/25/10.

My "latest" version of CT gives me 181 mults...even though I only worked =
70 countries.

Am I missing something or are all these guys missing some easy points bec=
ause
they are using old software.

And, I don't think DARC uses Carbillo, which would automatically score th=
e logs.

Anyone?

-Larry K4AB
 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Pryor
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 8:14
To: SECC@contesting.com
Subject: [SECC] K4OGG, WAE-CW
 =20
K4OGG  --  Single Op, Low Power, No packet

I'm sure it's my age speaking, but I certainly do like the 36-hour format=
 =20
for single ops!  Following a couple of naps I felt better on Sunday than =
I =20
did on Saturday.  This is a fun contest and deserves more participation.

This was an interesting contest because of the conditions, which changed =20
throughout the contest period.  There was a nice opening to Europe early =20
Saturday.  My best rates of the entire contest were 62 at 0600Z, 52 at =20
0700Z, and 63 at 0800Z on 20M.  But then on Sunday morning at the same ti=
me =20
period the opening was just not there.  Also, on 15M I had 20 QSOs the =20
entire first 24 hours -- and finished with 159, so 15M fortunately opened=
 =20
enough to make it more interesting on Sunday.  Speaking of 15M on Sunday,=
 =20
K4BAI and I were leap-frogging each other up and down the band.  I also =20
heard K4AB several times. 80 and 40 were noisy but what the heck, it's =20
August.  It helped a great deal to use the beverage on those bands.

Didn't hear any EU on 10M, but I heard a couple of SA stations working =20
them.  In fact it seemed that every time I checked the band a SA station =20
was sending QTCs.

I continue to be impressed at how well TRLog handles the QTC function.

Here's the bottom line:

    BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

    80CW       12          12         12         9
    40CW      127         127        127        26
    20CW      475         475        475        39
    15CW      159         159        159        33

  Totals      773         773        773       107

     There were 773 QTC points.

     Final Score =3D 398868 points.

FWIW, this will go down by one QSO.  One station that I showed as a dupe =20
insisted that we QSO a second time.

73,

- Jay/K4OGG

multipart/alternative