[SECC] NAQP SSB

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:46:05 -0400

On 8/18/02 10:22 AM, Sherman Banks (W4ATL) at w4atl@arrl.net wrote:

>I need to work on a better 160 M antenna.  Only 5 QSOs on 160.  Thanks to
>all who were able to hear me.  I'm not sure where the RF is going.  I think
>I'm heating the ground.

You know, I made a few more 160m Qs, but I found it odd that many times I
could hear stations calling each other, even when they could not hear
each other. In one case, two stations in the midwest were Q5 copy, but
the CQing station couldn't hear him. Local noise?

I used an 80m doublet at 35 feet on 160m, fed with a tuner.

--

One comment - I think the radials I put down for my 80m shunt feed
actually helped my 40m 1/4 wave sloper more. The sloper was much more

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901