[SECC] arrl 160m

Jeff w4dd@arrl.net
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:12:47 -0500

CALLSIGN: W4DD
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M LOW CW
CLAIMED-SCORE: 53625

   53625     Claimed Score       402   QSOs         65  Multipliers

DX worked: FM5, P40, HI3, KP2, S58, ZF
almost worked the G4 and DL but they could only get part of my call
Time on: 15 hours

100 W to an inverted L, 80 ft vertical, 50 horizontal, 3 radials
I could work pretty much everything I could hear.
Usually the first or second in the pile-ups
(anyone using a Flag or Pennant antenna for RX ?)
----------------------

Interesting events:

Got a little rest late Friday night and turned the station back on Saturday
morning
heard K4BAI working a station, moved up 1KHz and called CQ
John promptly answered, I hit the INS key and....silence.
Panic follows and I fumble out the report eventually (sorry John).
Moral: When turning on the computer, check out the operation into a dummy
load.

3am Sunday, Band gets very quiet,  too quiet.
Antenna has very high SWR.
It's out to the RCS-8V with a barrel connector and a flashlight.
Checked it out in daylight and appeared to be input connector on RCS-8V