[SECC] Line Noise

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:53:47 -0500

I'm hearing line noise that comes in a recurring pattern, and wondered if
anyone else has encountered anything similar.  It is a buzzing noise that
lasts for approximately 3 seconds, then is off for approximately 6 seconds
and continues for an indefinite period of time.  It is not always present
but I have not yet tracked when it is on and when it is off.  Does anyone
know if this is likely something that is caused by a piece of GA Power
equipment or something else?  Any guesses?  I'm going to borrow a detection
device this weekend and try to locate the source but thought I'd ask if
anyone has come across any similar trouble.

Thanks/73,

Jay, K4OGG