[SECC] ARRL-DX CW

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:25:34 -0800 (PST)

Jay,

 I think you said you were doing a serious SOLP effort. I would sleep
Friday night after EU dies on 80/40/160 until sunrise. That way you
will not have to fight the big pileups of everyone trying to work the
NA/SA/OC stations on the low bands. All those guys will be begging for
contacts on Saturday night. Trust me I know because I done ARRL DX CW
from the DX end a couple times and the rate really dies on Saturday
night.

Also look for those middle of the night openings to EU on 20 meters at
the EU sunrise. Usually if 20 isn't open then 40 will be. We usually
get our best EU runs on 40 around this time. (at least in Ohio but it
might be different down there)

Have Fun...

                                Jeff