[SECC] Tower Mast

Macie, Gordon gmacie@xmmcorp.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:27:39 -0500

I need a mast if I am ever going to get a tower up.. It was suggested to me
that Texas Towers was a good place to go. The mast I want is a .25 wall 2"
o.d they are 17' foot long and $267. I inquired as to the shipping and was
told truck freight min. 300 lbs. and the cost is 150- 165 $.. That would
make it 425+ for a mast. This seems like a lot !!. I did find out the mast
weights 80 lbs. So actually I could order 4 for the same amount of
shipping.. But I don't need 4. I probably could use 2 but I didn't intend to
get 2 right now.
Is there a local alternative at a reasonable cost ?

Gordon KS5M