[SECC] 160 update

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:54:07 -0500

I got on with 90 watts to my 40 meter beam from club station W4BCV.  I find
that most are only running above 1840 (all the way up to 1940).
With sunspots high (at least its quiet this year) there is little strong DX
altho I did hear a dozen EU stations and that CT3 was loud.   The police
went away with the threat to DQ them from CQ contests.   I feel the best
approach is (if you prefer) is not to work USA stations running below 1840
but as AA1K said most of the Dx has not moved so we need to go to their
frequency.

I tried (with the help of W6ROD) to get IARU to lay the ground work for a
world wide band from 1800 to 1900 on 160 so that the ARRL plan will work.
But the ARRL/IARU agreed to this then dropped the ball saying no action
until 40 meters is settled. (2003 maybe).

Back to the wedding..HI.

73 Dave K4JRB