[SECC] Multi mistakes??

Macie, Gordon gmacie@xmmcorp.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:49:48 -0500

> I believe this is easy to explain. People just can't copy CW.
> I know I
> can't. Sure, I can copy a callsign, name and a state or
> province - if I'm
> lucky. You send me a "QSY" and I'm hearing "QSL", then I hear
> a bunch of
> numbers, and I figure I've screwed up. Send me a bunch of
> words, and I'm
> totally lose. I hear the question mark and I have no idea
> what you sent.
> I ask for a repeat, and the station usually gives up and starts CQing
> again. Some guys don't ask for the repeat. They just log the
> QSO and move
> on.

This sounds very familiar. At least I'm not the only one. Thanks !!!!
It's best not to know anyone cause they might say hello or ask what your
score is ! <g>.

> I never asked anyone to QRS, but I did skip over a couple of
> stations who
> were too fast. Quite a few operators lowered their code speed when I
> answered. None of those guys required a repeat.

I skip over them also. They obviously loose lots of potential qso's..
Sometimes
I'll work them later as my cw gets better later in the constest. Of course
real
late in the contest i can't copy anything.. <g>

Gordon KS5M