[SECC] update from nq4i

Rick Dougherty NQ4I@compuserve.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 04:39:03 -0500

Hello all...yesterday we dug, formed up and poured the concrete bases for
the three big towers...2 rohn 45 towers
that will be 180 ft...and one rohn 55 that will be 200 ft....I have the
rohn 55 tower on the ground already and will
start errecting it in 2 weeks after the bases have cured....the rohn 55
will hold the two 80m 2 el yagis, and will
also have the 4 hi stack of 5 el 15 yagis....I need 1/4 in guy wire wraps
if any one has some, and also need 502
type guy wire insulators(Johnny balls)....have not found a source for
either yet locally.....the new house basement
was formed up yesterday...the basement foundation footing was poured a
couple days ago...and today they will
pour the walls....the flooring and framing starts in 2 weeks...the framing
crew has stated they can have it framed in 14 days if the weather is
good....we are really off and running...

On another note, we still need at least one hot shot CW man for the ARRL CW
test...anybody out there interested?? respond to me please...

I have been doing considerable modeling of antennas lately, and have
enlisted the aid of K4SB to advise me in this
area...decisions for antenna configurations and stacking heights have been
carefully chosen....my goal is to give each band the capability to totally
dominate the antennas possibilities...and to give the run sattions the
capability
of a good enough antenna to work a mult on the first possible call...ie
minimise time spent in a pileup.....W4DD
is bring out the 2nd generation of lock-out soon...K9AY has offered to help
with receiving antenna situation and we
will be looking at distributing 6 beverages to 5 stations....my goal is to
have run stations with antenna configurations
that will be the most dominate signal on the band from North America...I
will be needing lots of assistance in the coming months with dis-assembly
of the current towers and antennas....and installation at the new qth...as
soon as
ARRL Cw is over, I will start taking down every thing at this
qth...feedlines will be tested for loss, and labeled...antennas will be
dis-assembled and labeled....and we will move the kit and kabodool down the
street to the
new qth.....

so standby for the next update...

de Rick