[SECC] NAQP ssb

Courtney Judd Courtney Judd" <k4wi@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:12:39 -0600

Things got off to a really slow start with everyone telling me my audio was
bad. . Reduced mike gain until I had only 70 watts out seemed to help but
never did figure it out. 10 and 15 were slow... never could get a run going.
20 and 160 surprised me with the rate meter hitting 251 at 2300 on 20 and
237 at 0415 on 160. I was shooting for 800 qso's but didn't make it.

160  83/26
 80   55/22
 40   131/37
 20   168/42
 15   103/43
 10   99/40
Total= 639 qso's and 210 mults for 134,190 in 9 hours 58 minutes.

Biggest mistake was using 160 loop instead of 80/10 dipole.. guess I ought
to lable the switch! The "D" is supposed to be shipped from Yaesu and back
in Alabama this week ... that will help in 160 coming up.. Tnx Ron for Ga on
all bands. Only state not heard was Ne. Got the only De on 160. I hate 75
meters.. it seems to be owned by the biggest collection of misfits I have
ever seen. A K4... said I was disturbing their qso from 3 khz away.. Rather
than get Riley riled up, I moved. On 160 I heard several stations below
1843.. didn't know what to do here. Thanks to everyone in SECC who worked
me... too many to list! 73's Cort
Courtney Judd K4WI
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786