[SECC] Fwd: SSBNAQP Team Confirmation: South East Contest Club #1

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:28:02 -0500

Here is my claimed score for NAQP SSB January 2002.

I used 100 watts with a FT1000MP and a TH6DXX, a low dipole on 40, an
inverted vee on 80, and the 80 meter antenna fed as an end fed wire on
160.

I was unable to get answers to CQs on 10 and 15 to speak of.  On 10 in
the late afternoon, I heard a lot of W1/W2 stations calling CQ, but they
couldn't hear me.  They were peaking NW for some reason.  QSYs worked
quite well.  I had to beam SE in the early afternoon and SW later for
most backscatter QSOs.  Skip was quite short on 15 and almost
non-existent on 20 early in the afternoon.

I was struggling for a few QSOs and mults on 40 when I heard the BC
station on 7250 go off the air at 04Z.  I then had a great run for 15
minutes or so on 7248, including two KH6s calling me.  I was able to
work everything I could hear in the General class bands on 40, 75, and
160.  I was amazed that the water weak stations in MN, KS, TX, MD, etc.
could hear my 100 watts and no real antenna apparently better than I was
hearing them.

Thanks for the QSOs with AA4LR, K4WI, WB4SQ, K4NO.  I heard and called
W4ATL twice with no luck.  Also heard W4NTI on 160.  Heard stations
working K4GA and WB6BWZ, but no signals heard due to skip.  Also heard
W4OC and heard and called W2JJC with no luck.  The stations I heard and
could not work were all on 20 I think.

Band     QSOs    Mults
160        36        19
80            4           4
40          65        30
20        224        54
15        115        41
10          73        28
ALL     517      176      =   90,992 points.

SECC Team #1.

Hope everyone has a nice week.  See you on 160 CW next weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.