[SECC] KA9EKJ CQWW 160 CW

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:26:53 -0600

Friday night was a blast.  Had a few decent runs - 325 Qs, V31, V47, VP5, KH6, EA8 G0,G3, and OT2 in about 10 hours op time.  Discovered the magic of the European sunrise.  Saturday night was about a bust.  Could only eek out 126 more Qs and no mults in the same amount of time.  QRN was like trying to carry on a conversation in a quonset hut during a hail storm. That and a head & chest cold was really kicking in, too. Seems like I can't 2 decent nights of conditions in any 160 contest.  Is this typical of the band, or just my demented imagination?

Happy to work a handfull of SECCRs.

In all, always a fun and challenging event.  Low power: TS830, inverted L up 80 ft., no Rx.

     band      QSOs     points
     160        451       1007
     TOTAL      451       1007   X   52 multipliers  =  52,364

73,
	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ