[SECC] K9AY CQ160

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:35:36 -0500

On 1/27/02 2:52 PM, K9AY at k9ay@k9ay.com wrote:

>This was from my own less-than-optimum station. Wish I had better
>antennas for this one!
>
>Rig:  (2) IC765 + Alpha 99
>TX ant:  Inv-L, top at 60 ft., only 12 x 70 ft. on-ground radials
>RX ant:  (2) 350 ft. Beverages @ 45 & 300 deg., K9AY loops

I must say, when I worked Gary the first night, he had the loudest signal
I have ever heard on the TS-430S. Of course, Gary is only a couple of
miles as the crow flies from my QTH.

His signal was so strong, even with the narrow filter, I could hear his
signals plainly on the opposite side of the zero beat, about S6 --
something I have never heard before on this radio.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901