[SECC] Fw: Important changes to ARRL Club rules

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:49:05 -0500

On 1/30/02 8:38 AM, K9AY at k9ay@k9ay.com wrote:

>> The Board also adopted the MSC's recommendations regarding club competition.
>> In accordance with the advice of the ARRL Contest Advisory Committee, five
>> specific changes were approved and will go into effect November 1, 2002,

So, we remain under the old rules until the end of October.

>> · The Board has altered the requirement that a member must attend at least
>> two club meetings a year in order to be allowed to submit score for a club
>> in the unlimited and medium categories. The new rules will allow
>> participation by "a member in good standing," as defined by the club.

This will certainly cut down on the amount of work the Secretary has to
do.

>> · Medium and unlimited clubs now may define their club service area either
>> as a 175-mile radius circle or as an entire ARRL section. This change will
>> allow clubs from larger states than encompass entire ARRL sections to
>> compete with each other. Clubs may select one definition or the other but
>> not both.

Which leaves us with an an interesting proposition for the SECC.

Should we keep the current definition, or should we consider breaking up
into the ALCC, GACC and SCCC (that's South Carolina)?

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901