[SECC] Logging ?

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:50:40 -0500

On 1/30/02 11:14 PM, n4uk@mindspring.com at n4uk@mindspring.com wrote:

>  I have to disagree. I use two fingers for typing. One on each hand. I
>can type as fast as I need for a cw or SB contest with NA or CT. Touch
>typing is not a requirement for being a good contester. Ken, N4UK

I know a computer consultant that does not touch type. He types with 5
fingers -- the index and thumb on his left hand, and the index, middle
and thumb on his right. Very non-standard. But, he taught himself this
way, and he can manage about 60-80 wpm.

Learning to touch type makes things a lot easier. You look at the screen
instead of the keyboard. Figure you need to be able to type at least
twice as fast as the CW. For typical 30 wpm contest CW, 60 wpm is tough
to achieve with two fingers.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901