[SECC] Yaesu repair / parts

Marko Markkanen oh7kd@bellsouth.net
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 20:52:16 -0400

My FT-1000MP lost rx/tx between 7.5 and 14.5 MHz... Just when WRTC is =
within one week in Finland... you know, I'm OH myself.
Local oscillator unit seems to be the problem. When local unit changes =
from VCO3 to VCO2 at 14.5MHz (going down), '1st LO' signal is lost (abt. =
84.9 MHz at that freq.).

I coulnd't see any obvious visible problem on the board and multimeter =
check gave same values over each component as on VCO3 (ohms, board =
removed). Control and control transistor seem to work OK.

Does anyone know who could possibly repair this board (LOCAL-UNIT =
F3516000)? Hopefully near Atlanta area.
Are there other sources for spare parts than Yeasu USA? I know that =
Yaesu USA service takes forever but are they as slow with spares?

73, Marko - AK4XX - OH7KD

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---