[SECC] WRTC stations

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:50:49 -0400

I agree that most stations were fairly uniform in strength (what I could
hear). This is what you expect for everyone running 100 watts and tri-bander
at 50 feet.  Top signal was S9 and the weakest was S3 and covered with QRM.
But some that were weak popped up louder later even on the back of my beam.
I worked 24 of 26 that showed on 20 SSB between 2300 and 0245Z on Friday
night/Sat morning.  I noted 12 others that seemed to be CW only so that is
38 stations.  One station was moving stations to 40SSB and another was
moving some to 80CW.  I only saw the 38 listed on Dx summit during those
hours. Wonder where the #39 to 52 were???  After an hour it got so slow
looking that I found a freq  on 20 and ran 60+ stations in 34 minutes.  When
I turned the beam and it got stuck west I worked about everything I could
hear in the pacific (VK, ZL, KH6, V63, FK8,
and a few XE's).  I worked J75KG with my beam west.   I was paper logging as
my gear is all torn up
so except for the 24 OJ qsos made no attempt was made to turn in a log.

I do have my PC with two monitors up and running doing the CQ 160 log
checking and hope to have mall my operating positions running soon.  Boy
hand logging sure slows you down!

73 Dave K4JRB