[SECC] GQP Day #1 Washout - KU8E/M Story

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

 I swear I am jinxed !!! This is the 3rd time in a row that there has
been a radio black out when I have gone rovering .... OQP last year,
MQP this year , and now GQP !!!

 I was in my 3rd county - Morgan , when ALL the bands went dead (around
maybe 4-4:30 PM). At that point it was a waste to continue on so I
turned around and headed home. (after doing Newton, Walton, and
Morgan.) I had dinner in Roswell and checked the bands (around 6 PM)
and it sounded like they were coming back so I decided to do some of
the counties North of my QTH (CHER,PICK,GILM,DAWS) and closer to home.
Condx seemed to get better but the blackout scared everyone away and
the activity was poor. I think I worked maybe 20 - 25 stations per
county MAX. I have to say I'm not very motivated to go out again
tomorrow. Maybe I will do the first couple hours from home and then
decided after that....

        73's  Jeff