[SECC] NAQP CW AUG 3

greg and leann richard k4no@mchsi.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:36:12 -0500

Now that we have the GA QSO Party behind us, its time to start =
concentrating on the NAQP CW contest which is the first Saturday in Aug. =
The SSB NAQP is the 3rd weekend on Aug and is the same weekend as the =
Huntsville Hamfest.

I am pretty sure there is a cheerleader for the Aug NAQP but I don't =
remember who it is.  The SECC will be putting together teams for both =
NAQP's.

When we have the cheerleader identified, let him or her know if you want =
to be on a team.  I'd like to field 6 teams of 5 members so we need 30 =
folks to sign up even if you can only put in a couple of hours.  The =
more folks we have on from 4 land, the more fun it is.

NAQP's are 12 hours long. Single ops can only operate 10 of the 12 =
hours. Off times must be at least 30 minutes long to count.  Work =
stations one PER BAND and Mults count once PER BAND 160-10 meters. Power =
output is limited to 100 watts. =20

I have a dinner to attend that night so I am going to either do a multi =
op or a 9 hour s/o effort not sure yet.

In the NAQP's with mults and Q's counting per band, its important to try =
to get some op time on each band. There is still some time to do antenna =
work before the contest to be QRV 160 thru 10.=20

Its going to be too hot that weekend to do anything else, so get the =
yard mowed early and plan to be on for the NAQP CW..

Greg K4NO

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---