[SECC] How do I know if this thing REALLY works

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:42:24 -0500

Folks,

I recently got a wild hair up my rectifier and came up with a hair-brained idea to add an element to my 20M delta loop.  I got the thing up for a while Saturday, but I really don't know if I have gained anything besides that "look" from the XYL. You know that "look."  You've seen it  - you've earned it, too!

Anyway, being the cheap, thrifty, frugal op that I am (all wires at the QTH), is there any on-air or poor man's test that can be performed to check if I am getting the expected performance gain?  I did get an on-air SWR of about 1.6:1, but I already had that with the single element.  Electrically, I'm spacing the elements 3/8 wave apart and the feedpoint is about 30 feet up.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If this doesn't work, I'm only out $20 in PVC and dowel rods, so it's no great loss.

Thanks es 73,

	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ