[SECC] GQP Weekend Change

Ny4n@aol.com Ny4n@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:44:30 EDT

If you all would be so kind as to let me put my two cents in.

As one who plays in several State QSO Parties each year, I don't think it is
a good idea to have your contest the same weekend as another QSO Party. I do,
however, would go with a change of dates if that is what the group is wanting
to do. I must say it was rather warm this year.

Remember the 1 Land bunch had a combined QSO Party this year, and I think it
went over well.

My suggestion to the group is to have it on a weekend when there is no other
major contests. But, I like the idea of a combination QSO Party. Instead of
knocking heads with another well organized QSO Party the same weekend, why
not activate States that do not have QSO Parties.

My suggestion is to have a QSO Party that has the following States: South
Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi. Miss and S Carolina does not
have Parties, and there are several counties that need activating. Major
Intestates run through almost all these. I believe Alabama would be flexible
on this.

Anyway, my two cents.

NY4N  Jeff

multipart/alternative