[SECC] WRTC / IARU logs

K9AY K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:39:30 -0400

Anyone doing a serious IARU effort should read this and be ready to help!

Gary, K9AY
----- Original Message -----
From: "OH3UU" <oh3uu@welho.com>
To: <wrtc2002-comp@ne.nal.go.jp>; <wrtc2002-ref@ne.nal.go.jp>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 8:13 AM
Subject: [wrtc2002-ref 0052] Help needed ... Raw IARU contest logs to us

> Dear WRTC2002 participant,
>
> I am Risto Lund, OH3UU and  my sphere of responsibilities covers log checking
for the WRTC2002  contest.

> It lies in everyone's interest that we should perform this job as well as
possible. To ensure the most truthful results, we need your help. Please get in
touch with as many stations as possible among your circle of friends and ask
them to send their raw IARU contest logs to us, immediately after the contest -
not just the next day but within hours after the contest. Even partial logs
during the contest would be appreciated.

> We are not interested in how they did in the contest - we need those logs just
to verify contacts with WRTC team stations and to see what kind of stations were
taking part in the contest. From the QSOs, we will only use time, call, band and
mode. We are not interested in multipliers, dupes or points. Every Little Pistol
is valuable, but in general we are looking for logs with a high number of QSOs,
such as multi-op logs. All logs received will naturally take part in the raffle
for special WRTC prizes.

> Logs should be sent to:  logs@wrtc2002.org
>
> Please rest assured that these logs are not going to be forwarded to outsiders
for any purpose; they will be used strictly as part of the WRTC2002 team log
checking procedures.