[SECC] SECC Meeting 6/1/2002 -- Minutes

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

The way I promoted the Ohio QSO Party back a couple years ago when
I ran it was :

#1 - Go to the ARRL website and find all the clubs in Ohio and find
     out their email address. I made up a generic email which asked
     them to get on the air and then explained to them the awards etc..

#2  - Send emails to active contesters who usually do the state QSO
      parties. It is pretty easy to find out who these guys are. Just
      look at the results for CQP,FQP,PQP, etc... that are online.

#3  - I would wait until the week of the contest before I would even
      mention it on contesting.com. Just think about it... Who is
      going to remember if you promote the contest a month or more
      in advance ???

      I would also suggest changing the format of GQP to a 12 hr
   contest like MQP/OQP, WI QSO, IL QSO parties etc...  That way you
   get more serious entries who stick with it. That's why NAQP is
   so popular - because of the 12 hr format. You don't have to spend
   the whole weekend doing a contest.

   Just my 2 cents work...

                   Jeff KU8E