[SECC] SS Phone 2001

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an@CONTESTING.COM
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:02:49 -0400 (EDT)

Macie,

It appears that the SS just isn't a contest that our club cares
about.  For whatever reason.

>From a "being competitive" view...  The SS is way up there for us as to
potential.  John & I have both made the top-5 USA many times from 2
different stations and I've been 2nd low power with a single tower when I
was in Lilburn.  AA4GA and AB4RU have also done very well in the M/O
category on phone in past years.  As has Ken as a single-op on SSB.  Ken,
what place did you get the last time you did it?

My list of most likely contests to make the top-ten from SECC land from
you name the station:

1) 10M contest - CW
2) NAQP CW
3) WPX CW or SSB
3) IARU CW
4) SS CW

The least likely contests to make the top-ten in (all bands):

1) ARRL DX SSB
2) ARRL DX CW
3) CQWW SSB
4) CQ 160M CW