[SECC] FIELD DAY

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:42:11 -0500

We've taken the easy way...we will be 4D using the call W4MD at our station.
Before we agreed to do this, several members of the club had heat-related
problems at the usual A setup and Field Day was just about non-existent.  In
spite of the fact that we will be Delta we'll have a "Get on the Air"
station of sorts...please listen for KG4OPC...Rebekah, who is 9 years old
and a new General class operator.  We've got a station site reserved for her
here where she'll probably occupy a spot on 10m for as long as she wishes.
She got on for Kid's Day last weekend and loved the fact that of the 11
different countries who called her, 3 were ones her mom (WN4C) needs for new
ones.  She's still quite new, so needs a lot of patience, but I know she's
going to be a great operator.

73,
Bridget, KS4YT