[SECC] Field Day

Roger Hackler rhackler@mindspring.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:35:21 -0400

Hey all.  Still trying to recover from FD.  My buddies (all non-contesters)
did FD again this year as N4N.  Haven't got a chance to get the logs gone
through yet, but it looks like about 1600 QSO's and 500 bonus points.  I'll
post the full details a little later.

Prelim breakdown is:

80M Phone - 19 QSOs - Only on a windom at about 20 feet
40M Phone - 171 QSOs
20M Phone - 416 QSOs
15M Phone - 391 QSOs
10M Phone - 170 QSOs
6M Phone - 51 QSOs

80M PSK - 2 QSO's - Big time RFI Problems
40M PSK - 69 QSO's
20M PSK - 65 QSOs

Most folks wanted to try out PSK31 instead of RTTY, So thats what we did.
Had A GOTA station that worked out really well.  Had 2 brand new operators
on HF for 100 QSOs each.  My wife (a non ham) ran about 90 QSOs on phone as
well.  That was the first time she has shown any interest in radio at all.
She really got into the competition and got pissed whan someone wouldn't
answer on the first try!  her competetive nature kicked in and she stuck
with it.  Good for her and GREAT for me!!!

The good news is that maybe some contesting interest was generated,
especially for many of the no-code techs!

73s

KN6RO

Roger Hackler
Lead Systems Engineer