[SECC] Need advice

Jim Worthington ad4j@arrl.net
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:20:58 -0400

Another antenna to consider is the SteppIR Yagi. It gives you full-size 3
element monobander performance on 10-12-15-17-20 meters. The motor adjusted
element lengths provide optimized F/B across the band, not just at one
frequency. The ability to check long path in less than 2 seconds is nice, as
well. My only concern is how well they hold up. All 5 eHam reviews have
given it a perfect score (5/5). From what I could see of the models at
Dayton, it is well-built.

For conventional designs, the Force-12 interlaced Yagis are hard to beat.

I bought an earlier version of the K7LXC tribander report and it was quite
good. These guys took several tribanders out to a testing range and compared
the gain, F/B, etc.

73,
Jim, AD4J