[SECC] ARRL DX SSB Contest

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:10:17 -0500

Hello:

Hope everyone had a good contest.  I thought conditions were fantastic.
Score was less than last year, but I probably spent more time in other
activities this weekend.  Slept all night Friday.  Was planning to stay
up Saturday night, but a thunderstorm came in at the time and I quit
until waked by a phone call at 5:45 AM.

Here is the result:  \

Band    QSOs    Countries
160
80            1            1
40            34           24
20            165        63
15            292        71
10            946        93

ALL        1438        252      =  1,087,128.

Had a real nice run on 29.095 mhz.  High in the band, but a lot of rigs
and antennas work up there.

Worked W2EDD/KH6 on two bands.  Also TI/K4QFF on many bands.  Worked
Larry, N4FD, at the multi station NP2B.  Also worked both Paul, N4PN and
Charlie, NF4A at 9A1A.

Someone (W4TE?) wanted Bob Smith, K4PHE's e-mail address.  I worked him
today and he said it is k4phe@bellsouth.net.

Also had a call from Dan, K4JJF, who grew up in Tifton and is now active
from Nevada.

TO4T was at FG.

73,

John, K4BAI.