[SECC] CQ WPX SSB

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:55:39 -0500

Hello all:

Lots of fun in CQ WPX SSB.  Tribander single elements high power all
bands.

Results:

40    29
20    454
15    282
10    872

ALL 1637 x 725 = 2,844,175.

Didn't hear or work many SECCers under calls that I recognized.  Thanks
for QSOs wiht the following:  K4AB as WZ4F, K4NO as KC4ZV, K4EA as NJ4U,
K4WI as AI4AA, and N4PN as NF4A (multi op).

Lots of good DX active.

Early Sunday morning my rotator got hung up with the beam just about due
North.   So, most of my ten meter QSOs on Sunday were without being able
to beam directly to Europe.  So, Saturday was much better (in addition
to being here all morning).  Sunday afternoon, the rotator finally moved
off the bad spot (I guess that's the problem) and worked OK for the rest
of the contest.

I, personally, hope they don't move it back to 30 hours next year.  For
a single op, a trip to a DX QTH is a bummer if you have to be QRT for 18
hours out of the weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI/8P9HT/8P9Z,