[SECC] Alabama QSO Party, Dayton, and stuff

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 18:02:59 -0500

Hi everyone!

We haven't had much to say from here.  We finally have our AQP page somewhat
updated...the scores are now posted along with a few other minor changes
(there are now actually 67 counties on the Alabama counties list!), with
more changes to come as we begin to post the rules for next time.  We hope
to have these up by the end of the week and also hope that our dear friend
who promised us help with a AQP program will still be able to have time to
make us one.  =)

We will be at Dayton this year...leaving early Thursday morning via car.

Nothing much else to report...between Allan's school (he's through and would
graduate in two weeks if he were going to be in town) and various weekend
obligations (had a very good time at the SVHFS Conference last week!) we
haven't been around much.  I'm not able to be on the radio much except to
get an occasional new country on a band/mode that I need.  Allan is now
having fun building 2m antennas and is trying to perfect his ideal Yagi for
an EME array...his second model is already a HUGE improvement over #1.
Meanwhile, it sounds like the bands have been open...from 144-1296
MHz....hopefully we'll be back on 2m soon (not doing anything above 70cm
yet).

Maybe this fall will be better for us...still only have one radio that works
right now, so all our activity takes place on one transceiver, but our
antennas are slowly getting back to working order.

Hope all are having a great spring, and hope to meet you on the air or at
Dayton!
73,
Bridget, KS4YT
"...They're funny things, Accidents.
You never have them 'til you're having them." Eeyore