[SECC] Georgia QSO Party - 2 months to go...

jshort@mindspring.com jshort@mindspring.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 23:39:13 -0400

Hi all...

	As I stated to some of you, I apologize that action hasn't
been taken on some matters of getting the word out about this
year's Georgia QSO Party.  I am happy to report that, thanks to a
quick in the butt by someone, I have contacted several
publications/organizations and contest calanders.  I also plan on
contacting some of the groups that run the local QSO Parties to
pass along info to them.

	Since we are just about at 2 months to go... I wanted to
bring up some discussion on what type of operation you are
planning to do for the GQP.   If you are planning to run as a rover,
please post what counties you are looking to operate in.  If you are a
fixed station, please state what county you are in.

	I haven't looked at the past results... but I do wonder how
many counties we can get on the air.  Is 50% (80) possible...how
about 75% (120) ?  Could we somehow run the table with 159?
Yeah... I know that would be hard to do... but I think it would be cool
if we could (or at least try to coordinate).

That's about all that I need to say at this time.  As always,
comments, complaints, concerns would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff / KD3UC