[SECC] SS de NE4S

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:47:15 -0500

Again a part time effort this weekend, with a hamfest and family activities
on Sunday.
Since I could not go full time, it seemed a fun plan to go QRP and S and P
on the guys with good ears.

Results:
9 hours, Sunday only, QRP, G5RV, FT1000MP
197 Qs, 394  QSO points x   77 sections =  30338  claimed score

Missed were SFL, PQ and NL, all of which were on.
South Fl and PQ should have just happened, but with the low Q count, it
didn't.
NL was there, but swamped most of the time.

NLI was present this year, it was "rare" last year.
This time, SF was the holdout, and a massive pileup was on K6CTA in the
final hours.
Another SF station showed up very late too and was very busy.

My cw was pretty sloppy, but by the 8th hour, I began to "get it".
My score may be reduced by busted exchanges, HI.

I did find an open spot on 40m in the last hour and made a "run" on the
theory of
"fresh meat" for the diehards.  Actually that was where a lot of Class Q,
QRPers,
called me.  They were out scrounging for new ones.

My "Friends" file was bad, and When I tried to "Hi" SECCers, it just sent
junk.

That's my story, and it is all I have.
It was fun, and I plan to do more CW to keep the speed up, probably part
time though.

That's it,
73, Mike, NE4S