[SECC] Test run in JIDX SSB

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:06:59 -0500

K4EA told me that almost no JA on 10 during the CQ WW SSB.  On Saturday at
2215Z I turned on the rig and worked 44 stations S&P over the next 30
minutes.  Most were S7 to a few S9+ including 8N1OGA (JD1).  I came back a
few minutes later and added 12 more in 10 minutes.  Good to see the band
open and might send in a check log.

Rig Used FT980 (old transceiver) and LK500NTC about 1100watts out to KT34XA
at 77'.  I did hear K4EA running them..too.  Also heard KU8E a couple of
times.

The wife has me planned this weekend so will just be looking around on 40
and 75 for SECCers.

73 Dave K4JRB