[SECC] Antenna Wax

Jeff Clarke ku8e@bellsouth.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:42:10 -0500

Hi Mike...

 I have found that a multi directional antenna like a dipole, zepp, G5RV is a great
antenna for domestic contests, especially when you get it up high and in the clear.
It's nice to have a beam for DX contests and breaking pileups but you can still have
some fun with just wires !!!

 I wonder how your antenna is configured ??? My G5RV is 44 ft on each end and the top
is about 60 feet.
The ends are hanging down and fed with 450 ohm open wire feeder. ( like an inverted
Vee)  It is broadside N/S. I notice some nulls on 20/15/10 to some directions toward
the east and west. I have a E/W dipole at 30 feet for 20 meters that takes care of
that problem on that band. I hope to add 15/10 meter E/W dipoles for the same reason
sometime soon.

 Great job on 20 meters !!!  The strategy down here in SS is so different than
Ohio.... 20 meters is the band!!!
In CW SS... I made over 450 QSOs on CW and I never really found a reason to QSY to 80
meters since it stayed open to the east coast really late. I have also have found 15
to be open to the east coast during the day on a regular basis....

                            73's Jeff

Jeffrey D. Clarke 770-218-0278 email : ku8e@bellsouth.net

Please see my resume webpage at http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-ku8e