[SECC] SS SSB 2002 N4LR

Dan/W4NTI w4nti@mindspring.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:30:38 -0600

For some reason the close in stuff was the hardest to work.  One of my last
sections was KY and Georgia.

Dan/W4NTI (Alabama)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Macie, Gordon" <gmacie@xmmcorp.com>
To: <SECC@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 12:12 PM
Subject: [SECC] SS SSB 2002 N4LR

Single Op, Low Power,
FT1000MP (100 W) and gap vertical with 2 radials.

720 qso's
80   mult..

115,200 score

Last one was W7TTT. He had 1100 qso's when I first heard him.. Where the
heck was he the other 29 hoiurs ??..  VE2 called me on 20 mid afternoon for
79. Being that close i really wanted the sweep so sacrificed qso's and score
and spend at least a couple of hours tuning 10 and 15 but couldn't find nv.
they decided to cq on 20 and that didn't work. Went to the grocery store and
came back with 40 minutes to go and found nv. It may have been easier with
packet but I'm sure it was more exciting finding him on my own.. What a
blast...

Worked more than one MAR AND NL... Had a tough time with AL, MS, WCF, QC.
Worked lots of ND , WY , VT , NH , AK, PAC, etc. I think I had at least two
of all zones except NV so hopefully it will hold up.

Worked K4BAI, NE4S, K4WI, W4NTI .. Heard K4SB. Maybe others. All of them
took several repeats..

Gordon N4LR

multipart/alternative
  text/html