[SECC] Sweepstakes

denninf@bellsouth.net denninf@bellsouth.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:57:52 -0500

Good Evening,

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves this weekend with Sweepstakes.  John, (K4BAI) sorry to hear about the untimely rotor problems.

I'll try not to give many excuses but this is my 3rd contest after a 9 year hiatas in amateur radio.  I went thru burnout but glad that I'm back.  This is my first contest submission for SECC.

I operated about 19 hours and got off to a slow start.  Hours 7 & 8 yielded the most Qs per hour with 85 each hour.  The equipment operated fine for the most part but added a new computer to the station that I had not used before in a contest.  As I keyed up the Alpha, the computer decided to do some logging of it's own so I had to switch 40 meter antennas to avoid that problem.  With about 4 hours of operating time left, I was summoned by my wife to address a problem that my 24 year old son had with his head being stuck in the lower extremity of his anatomy.  That took me not only away from the station but away from the house for an hour and a half.

Oh well, enough of that.  Here's my contribution this go round to SECC:

160 - 0

Total 885 (Score 141,600) 19 hours operating time (80 Multipliers)

Station consisted of:

Icom 756 Pro II
Alpha 99
10 Element Tennadyne Log Periodic at 71 feet
Wire Antennas

Looking forward to the next time and some multi-op participation in future contests.  73....Fred WW4LL