[SECC] Re: SSB SS

K4SB hamcat@directvinternet.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:32:14 +0000

Sorry to be a little late with my results, but came down with an eye
infection which I spread to the other eye probably by rubbing, and my
optomologist had/has me wearing a double eye patch.

Now picture me in the contest. Hearing is shot to hell, and I have
taped the patch on one of my eyes open so I can see..

Anyway, 285 Qs, 80 sections, and 45,600 points. Only about 8 hours
time.

Last section was NV, and believe it or not I got it late Sunday
afternoon on 15 by calling "CQSS--Big money for NV"...Apparently
someone took pity and posted me on some cluster. On the second call, I
was answered by WA7??? who gave me #1, and NV. Apparently a large
crowd had gathered on the frequency in silence as I made the CQ. After
getting NV, I had a run of about 30 stations call in all offering
congratulations.

So, I hope he worked some more, but if he didn't, I have a list of 30
people who can verify the QSO to the ARRL.

Conditions were weird at times...I worked OK on 10 meter LP for #79,
and the number of sections I worked only once is staggering. KY, WV,
RI, NH, WMA, WCF, AL, just to name a few. Thank God for NE4S or I
would have missed GA.

Did not even hear most of the gang, and spent a lot of time on 40.

73
Ed