[SECC] GQP Rules

Lee Hiers aa4ga@contesting.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:30:20 -0400

On 22 Oct 2002 at 19:32, Ernest Zingleman wrote:

> One other suggestion should be to allow mobiles to run
> county lines.

Is it not allowed now?

The problem is that it's counter-productive to the contester, as it
reduces the number of QSOs.  If you're an active mobile station, the
county-hunters know it and will watch for you to change counties.
You can park on the side of the road and run a bunch of guys, then
move your car 15 feet and do it all again, doubling the QSOs.  I
know, I've done it...and had all the CH guys follow me.

You straddle a county line, and you've cut your QSOs in half...or
worse if it's a junction of 3 or 4 counties...like those guys in the
sailboat in SF bay do every year for the CQP.

Every time I work a mobile on a county line, I think, "just lost a
QSO".  And, FWIW, I'm a county hunter...kinda.  I'm just not active
in it now.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA