[SECC] vhf test

Courtney Judd Courtney Judd" <k4wi@earthlink.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:40:25 -0500

Well I had high hopes for this contest with my new six mtr antenna and all
but boy this is really the pitts. ended up with 11 qso's in 7 grids for a
score of 77. Wow, signals were really weak and popping up for super short
times.. Really a problem turning antenna to find the signal was too slow by
far. Evidently, I have a lot to learn from this. Ten mtrs was open and the
prop numbers were not to bad so I thought we would have some sort of
activity but not here. Fartherest grid worked was em96 on cw aa4zz. Heard
NC1I but never got thru. Guess I am too far away from population centers for
this kind of contest but looking forward to some better times ahead!!!
Thanks and 73's Cort K4WI

Courtney Judd K4WI/NA4W
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786