[SECC] Foward from our Georgia Section Manager

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:15:05 -0400

Susan Swiderski sent this message last week. I submit it for your
consideration:

>Hi, Gary, and Bill,
>
>How's it going? My name is Susan Swiderski, and I'm the GA Section Manager
>for the ARRL.  I contacted Bill last week in reference to getting some help
>from the Southeast Contest Club, but since I haven't yet gotten a response,
>I'll try again, and ask you this time, too, Gary.
>
>Skip, KG4TUL, came up with the great idea of having a Worked All Georgia
>award, with incremental acknowledgement for working 50 or 100 counties,
>whatever. Anyway, he is a fairly new ham, and not altogether familiar with
>the ins and outs of contesting, and needs help from some knowledgeable folks
>such as you guys in the contesting group. I'd told Tom last week that he
>wanted you guys to serve as the administrators, but since then, Skip's said
>that he'll handle making the certificates, and doing the "work".... he just
>needs mentors, so to speak, to help and guide him.
>
>If you would, please check out some of the work he's done so far at
>
>http://www.mindspring.com/~skazmarek/ham/wagaward.htm
>
>He's open to your ideas and suggestions. It's sometimes difficult to find
>people who are willing to set up something like this, and I sure do hope
>that
>you'll be willing to help Skip when he needs it. You can reach him at
>skazmarek@mindspring.com.  I really hope that you do.
>
>Thanks a lot. Take care.
>
>73,  Susan

Frankly, it sounds interesting, and would couple well with the GQP.

What do you all think?

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901