[SECC] This weekend's contests

K4MUT k4mut at arrl.net
Wed Aug 6 20:24:48 EDT 2003

Hi John,
The plaque for the first fixed station to work all the MDC multipliers
during the MDC QP is still unclaimed.  Never been done.  Never. Ought to
be easy for someone from GA <g>.

KB3FRX and I plan to hit all the counties. She will probably only work
20m/40m phone, QRP but you still get the higher /M multiplier. Don't be
fooled by the QRP, she has a good antenna and won the YL and QRP
divisions last year and was 3rd mobile.  I plan to work 80-10m, mostly
cw and mostly 20m and 40m if the activity is like last year.  We are
trying to work out whether we can bring along a couple more
rigs/operators and do a multi- multi- mobile using our club call, KV3B;
unfortunately, the word from the committee is that we would have to
submit scores from each county and cannot combine them for a total score.

Tentative route: (Saturday)GAR, ALY, WAS, FRD, MON, CRL, HWD,
BCT(county), ANA, BAL(city), BCT(2nd time), HFD, CEC, KEN, QAN, TAL,
CLN, DRC, WIC, WRC, SMR; (Sunday) SOM(2nd), WRC(2nd), DRC(2nd),
TAL(2nd), [maybe CLN(2nd)], QAN(2nd), ANA(2nd), CLV, CHS, STM, CHS(2nd),
PGE, WDC
Track APRS at http://map.findu.com/k4mut

This is the first year they added 160m and UHF to the recommended
frequencies.  I do not know how much activity they expect on 160m,
probably not much, but who knows. If there is interest, I will try to
get on 160m Saturday night when I will be in some of the rarer eastern
shore counties.

73,
BOB/k4mut