[SECC] KB4KBS makes an effort at ARRL10M

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 15:54:58 EST 2003

Hi Gordon,

I have this exact problem at this house I'm renting in Woodstock - the
basement is typically 50 degrees and I'm too old to operate that way
anymore!

I 'built' myself a shack.  I bought two very large plastic drop clothes from
Home Depot for about $5, and stapled them to the rafters (the basement
ceiling).  They form a now enclosed operating area that's about 10X10.  I
added a very small electric space heater, but when the amp is on, I don't
need it.  Its a comfortable 75 degrees in my 'bubble.'  When things warm up
I can pull it down in about 30 seconds.

Hal
N4GG