[SECC] Freestanding towers??

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Thu Feb 13 13:33:14 EST 2003

Ken

You'll probably get a lot responses from guys on the Force 12 bandwagon,
but I have been extremely pleased with my Cushcraft X9. It's probably too
big (and longer manufactured), but the more reasonably-sized X7 (18 ft boom)
should be on your list for consideration. Good phone/CW bandwidth and a
clean pattern.

73, Gary
K9AY
_____

>              Well, the good news is that I may be able to put up a PRB1
acceptable 60-70 ft tower at my new QTH in Richmond. NO HOA or CCRs. The
only requirement is a 3ft setback from a neighbor's property. I will opt for
a freestanding tower to keep the thing as aesthetically pleasing as I can. I
don't want guy wires running all over the place. What types of freestanding
towers are available out there on the new market??? Anyone recommend a
particular brand or type??? My lot is small. I already have the ideal place
to put it in mind. (behind an existing shed about 10 feet away from the rear
property line) Also, what is the HOT tribander being sold nowadays?? If I
can get on the air with a tri-bander and wires for 40 and 80 I will be
happy.