[SECC] K9AY SOSB 80

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Sun Feb 16 22:46:10 EST 2003

K9AY Single Band 80M High Power...

82 QSOs x 3 x 48 Countries = 11,808

Since I am antenna-poor and only able to operate part time, I decided to make the ARRL DX contest an "educational experience" and operate on 80, the band I am least familiar with. I dropped the 160M inv-L and hoisted an 80M inv-L in its place.

I definitely got an education....

First, night, there was too much static to hear anyone but the big guns. Conditions sounded better Saturday evening, but the static was worse. Since it was neither educational nor fun at this point, I gave my ears a rest.

73, Gary
K9AY